Acquire new skills and stay on top of the latest trends in the beauty industry with our Graduate Certificate in IPL and Laser Hair Reduction course that provide the theory and practical techniques required to deliver advanced treatments. Our training workshops are run by highly qualified professionals with a wealth of experience and expertise in this area.
Students will gain theoretical knowledge, gain practical skills and be able to apply substantial specialised knowledge to design and safely apply treatments working on a Class 4 Laser and Intense Pulsed Light for the reduction of unwanted hair growth on various locations of the face and body. Concepts covered include client consultation, skin and hair analysis, design and evaluation of hair reduction programs, selection and use of appropriate technology and laser safety. On completion of this course you could apply for jobs working for plastic surgeons, doctors, dermatologists, skin clinics or medispas.
- Course Number: SIB70110
- Delivery Mode: Facility
- Course Duration: 10 Days plus log-book hours.
- SIBBHRS705A – Apply Intense Pulse Light &Laser Safety Protocols
- HLTINF005 – Maintain Infection Prevention for Skin Penetration
- SIBBHRS706A – Design Intense Pulse Light and Laser Hair Reduction
- SIBBHRS707A – Provide Intense Pulse Light and Laser Hair Reduction
- SIBBRES702A – Investigate Developments in Cosmetic Treatments using Light or Laser Systems
- Qualification: Statement of Attainment
- Laser Technician
- Dermal Therapist
About This Course
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IPL AND LASER HAIR REDUCTION
No pre requisite, but it is desirable to have one of the following qualifications:
- Beauty Therapy Diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled or Registered nurse (not enlisted)
- Past Nursing Experience
- Medical Assistant, Beauty Therapy students or Massage Therapist
- Clinic owners with equivalent experience
You will need to be at least 18 years old to enrol in this course.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language and you did not complete the last two years of secondary education in English, you are required to provide evidence of English language competency before enrolling in this course.
Assessment in this course include:
- Knowledge Tests
- Log Book Hours
Completion of your Course
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Graduate Certificate IPL and Laser Hair Reduction.
Other Courses you may be interested in:
- Skin Needling
- BHBBSKS005 Provide Microdermabrasion Treatments
- Chemical Peels
Included Learning Material
- Online Resources